Monday, July 23, 2007

latitude and gratitude

Festival_face_paint_2


Last weekend we all went to Latitude Festival, Suffolk. We camped, walked (lots), danced, laughed, ate and drank. We we were invited along as guest with Uncle David and the crew of the kids puppet theatre group doing The Peddlar of Swaffham which was one of the best shows there - I am biased, but comedians Marcus Brigstocke and Dylan Moran even spoke highly of them in their stand up set. I've blogged about the event on All Things Considered so I won't go on... but it's definitely a great festival to take kids to.


On the culinary side of things, I've been quite busy. Fruit picking, jam making, vodka/gin fruit infusing, baking endless types of bread and also I packed off my first baked parcel to my cousins wife Claudia who had just given birth to Marmaduke Gerry. Stuffed in a box were, the 3rd attempt macaroons (I hope she likes them), chunky ginger biscuits, chocolate salty sables and chocolate coconut mini-muffins and topped with a child style, left-handed home drawn card. To my delight and surprise, Claudia is planning on putting in orders for her just-birthed friends. I knew the post birth sugar hit would be a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment