Here's what I did with a few of the gigantic stalks of the celery tree. It's a healthy, crunchy delicious salad which Ali Yetman use to make at her restaurant in the summer months.
I always use a potato peeler to get rid of the irritating stringy bits on celery stalks before chopping and slicing. For me flossing should be done with tape in the privacy of my bathroom, not at the dinner table.
- 1 head of fennel, sliced finely
- 1/2 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 - 3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- handful each of chopped dill, parsley and chives
- juice of 1 lemon
- hearty lug of fruity extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Just throw it all together in a bowl and mix well. Best eaten immediately as the fennel goes soft.
Delicious eaten with fish, chicken and new potatoes.