Tuesday, April 24, 2007

rapeseed

Rape_flower


I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but I love the heady, honeyed fragrance of the Rape flower that is currently floating through the countryside. My Grandpa use to keep bees and the smell brings back lovely, childhood memories of visiting his bee shed.


Every year, I see more and more fields of Rape plants around Norfolk and I'm always grateful I'm not a hay fever sufferer. Rapeseed oil is used for both human and animal consumption as well as for biodiesel. I believe that virgin pressed Rapeseed oil tastes great and is also an excellent source of Omega 3 oils and vitamin E.


I've been looking in local Delis to buy a bottle as I'm curious about it's flavour but I haven't come across any yet. Having just done a google search, I've discovered Waitrose stock Farrington's Mello Yellow oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment