Saturday, April 7, 2007

root remoulade

Rooty_remoulade


I was making a hearty root vegetable soup this morning with some chicken bits I had boiled the previous day, so whilst chopping veg into cubes for the soup I also sliced some into matchsticks for the remoulade recipe which I'd seen in a Sunday magazine a few weeks back. It consisted of celariac, swede and mooli all mixed together with mustard, dill and mayonnaise.


  • half a celariac

  • half a mooli

  • half medium sized swede

  • 1 bunch dill, sliced

  • 1 dtsp Dijon mustard

  • 1 dtsp wholegrain mustard

  • 1 dtsp mayonnaise

  • glug of sunflower and olive oil

  • juice of 1 lemon

  • salt and pepper

How to make:


Slice all the root veg into thin strips. I wish I had a Good Grips Mandoline Slicer (but at £49 I'll have to keep dreaming) but slicing with a good knife and steady hand adds to the length of time spent in the kitchen (often a good thing).


Mix all the other in a bowl and then mix into the raw vegetables.


We ate it with the veg soup and fresh spelt bread but last week Stu and I ate it with jarred herrings bought back from an Ikea trip which was a far nicer combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment