Monday, April 23, 2007

chewy almond macaroons

Macaroons


I baked this batch but over cooked them making them less chewy than I like.
Never-the-less, I ate most of them as I didn't want anyone else to risk dental troubles. scoff scoff.


This recipe is taken from Nigella Lawson's Feast.


  • 200g ground almonds

  • 200g caster sugar

  • 2 egg whites

  • 2 tablespoons of rose water

  • 12 whole blanched almonds, halved.

Mix together all the dry ingredients, then mix in the egg whites stirring well to combine everything.
Wet hands with rose water and take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls and place on baking parchment set apart by 3 cm.
Flatten, then place half an almond on each macaroon.
Bake in oven set at 150ยบ for 10-12 mins.
Resist from peeling off paper until cool as you may end up leaving some biscuit stuck to the paper.

1 comment:

  1. Can you please tell me, shouldn't the egg whites me whisked first?
    Thank-you,
    Avril Giles

    ReplyDelete